Family Birth Center at Floyd
Visiting and Contact Information
Welcome to The Family Birth Center at
Floyd. We’re located on the third floor of Floyd Medical Center.
304 Turner McCall Blvd.
Rome, GA 30165
Main number: 706.307.4073Directions
Parking at the Family Birth
Parking for the Family Birth Center
is located on the north side of Floyd Medical Center just off Turner McCall Boulevard near the Emergency Care Center. Once you are inside the Family Birth Center entrance, an elevator will take you directly to the third floor.
Maternity Visiting Hours
Floyd welcomes family and friends to
visit our littlest patients, any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We
do, however, have some limitations so that moms and babies can have rest.
- During labor, we limit visitors ages 12 and older to two. Siblings of any age are welcome. However, those under age 15 require an adult to be present at all times.
- After delivery, we reserve the first hour (the Magic Hour) for special bonding just for mom, partner and baby. We’ll ask friends and family to stay in the waiting room during this time.
- After delivery in the mother-baby room, all ages are welcome to visit. We continue to limit it to two visitors at one time.
- Nightly quiet time begins at 9 p.m. and lasts through 9
a.m. This means we ask you to keep visitors and noise to a minimum to ensure rest
To make your life a little easier, we
have a few tips for patients, families and friends who are eager to share in this
- Labor and delivery take a lot out of moms and partners, and you’ll want as much rest as possible. You may want to consider limiting the number of visitors to very close friends and family.
- If you have concerns about visitors, or just need rest, please let your nurse know as soon as possible so we can help you.
- If a visitor is sick, encourage him or her to stay home.
- Friends and family can order infant gift sets or flowers
for delivery from our Gift Shop by calling 706.509.5190.
Frequently Used Telephone Numbers
- Hospital Operator: 706.307.4073
- Baby Lounge: 706.509.6510
- Birth Center Tours: 706.509.6548
- Birth Certificates: 706.509.6190
- Childbirth Class: 706.509.6548
Delivery Cost Estimations: 706.509.3277
- Gift Shop: 706.509.5190
- Guest Services: 706.509.5195
- Lactation Consultant: 706.509.6555
- Labor and Delivery Nurses Station: 706.509.6520
- Mother/Baby Nurses Station: 706.509.6500
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: 706.509.6515
- Pediatric Unit: 706.509.6525
Floyd Medical Center Amenities
Floyd Medical Center has
everything you need close by. We offer:
- Gift Shop - Purchase flowers, baby gifts, infant door bows, preemie baby outfits, apparel and toiletries on the second floor inside of the main entrance.
- Dining options - Visit our café, coffee shop and vending machines located on the second floor of the hospital.
- ATM - A Wells Fargo cash machine is located at the North
Entrance vending area.