Neonatal Intensive Care
Atrium Health Floyd is home to the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), located on the same floor as the Atrium Health Floyd Women's Care Family Birth Center. We offer state-of-the-art care for premature babies (born as early as 23 weeks) and newborns with special health needs.
Take a Birth Center Tour
Join us for an
in-person or virtual tour of the Atrium Health Floyd Women's Care Family Birth Center
Birth Center Features and Amenities
The center offers features and amenities promoting an intimate, comfortable and safe labor and delivery.
Spacious Labor and Delivery Rooms
Moms labor and deliver in a private room with space to walk around and change positions as needed. The rooms are equipped with:
- Private bathroom with shower
- Bed for mother
- Sleep chair for your birth partner
- Birthing bars and mirrors
- Birthing balls and birthing peanut ball
- Wireless monitoring
Intimate Mother and Baby Rooms
After delivery, our new moms and babies move to a private room set up for family bonding, recovery and visitors. Room features include:
- Private bathroom with shower
- Adjustable bed for mom
- Crib for baby
- Sleep sofa for birth partner
- Breast pumps available upon request
- Room for personal items you bring from home
Operating Room (OR) Suite
Our operating room is on the same floor as the birth center for Cesarean births. Whether it’s planned or not, our experienced care team is nearby and ready.
While we encourage families to stay together as much as possible, we have a secure Baby Lounge on the same floor. This is a safe nursery where newborns get procedures, receive pediatrician assessments or stay when mom needs a procedure or rest.
Food and Snacks
We have a
wide array of dining options close to the Atrium Health Floyd Family Birth Center. In addition to room service for mom (and partner, with payment), we offer:
- Café at Floyd, second floor -- options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Green Mug Coffee, second floor -- features Starbucks coffee, frozen yogurt and smoothies.
- Vending Options, second floor -- drink and snack machines are located near the chapel in the North Lobby.
Commitment to Safety
We have several measures in place in our Family Birth Center and across campus to ensure your family and visitors are safe. We offer:
- Controlled access points and security cameras in public areas
- Staff with photo identification badges
- Identification armbands for mom, partner and baby that are checked regularly
- Baby security sensors that sound an alarm if the baby is too close to doors or elevators
- Roving security outside and inside the hospital
Your Birth Center Care Team
The Atrium Health Floyd Women's Care Family Birth Center team includes skilled and knowledgeable providers who offer the best care for mom and baby. They include:
Obstetrician-gynecologists -- Providers affiliated with your chosen practice deliver here 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Anesthesiologists -- Certified medical providers are onsite around the clock to provide pain medicines when you need them.
- Labor and delivery nurses -- Registered nurses with special training in labor and delivery assist throughout the birth process.
- Mother and baby nurses -- Registered nurses with special expertise in postpartum care help you recover and care for your baby after delivery.
- Certified lactation consultants -- These specialist help you breastfeed after your baby is born, if you choose, and after you return home with comprehensive breastfeeding services.
- Neonatologists -- Doctors and advanced providers who specialize in the care of newborns are here 24 hours a day, seven days a week if your baby needs extra support after birth at our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.