Medical Detox Program
Atrium Health Floyd Cherokee Medical Center’s Medical Detox Program offers quality, inpatient care for those seeking to restore their quality of life. Based on the 12-Step philosophy, the program treats drug and alcohol addictions in an acute-care hospital setting where other serious health issues can be addressed, if needed. The program is covered by most insurance providers, including Alabama and Georgia Medicaid.
- Led by certified drug and alcohol counselors
- Voluntary admission
- Low staff-patient ratio
- 24-hour nursing care
- Medical oversight by a physician and a certified nurse practitioner
- Estimated stay between five and seven days
- Aftercare arranged for all patients upon release
- Management of withdrawal symptoms (Suboxone not used)
- Transportation provided to and from facility
- Non-denominational religious groups available
- Smoking permitted in approved smoking area
- Private rooms
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) group meetings available onsite
*Patients taking psychiatric medications must be stable prior to being admitted.
To learn more about Atrium Health Floyd Cherokee Medical Center's Medical Detox Program, call 256-927-5531.