Emergency and Trauma Care
The clinical experts at Atrium Health Floyd provide care throughout our region that includes:
- Care for life-threatening illnesses and injuries through our emergency and trauma locations and EMS service
- Community education regarding fall prevention, recreational safety and injury prevention
- Stop the Bleed training for when accidents happen
Atrium Health Floyd offers emergency and trauma care at four locations within northwest Georgia and northeast Alabama:
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
The Only Level II Trauma Center in Northwest Georgia
Floyd Medical Center in Rome is the flagship Emergency Care Center. It is the only American College of Surgeons designated Level II Trauma Center in northwest Georgia.
As a Level II Trauma Center, we are equipped to treat patients with life-threatening injuries 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our Level II Trauma Center:
- Includes 24-hour immediate coverage by general surgeons, as well as coverage by the specialties of orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology and critical care
- Provides trauma prevention and continuing education programs for staff
- Incorporates a comprehensive quality assessment program