Admission Requirements at Polk Medical Center
Candidates for our Polk Medical Center inpatient, also called subacute, rehabilitation program must meet the following criteria:
- Must have received care for a minimum of three nights as an inpatient at a medical facility within the last 30 days
- Be medically stable
- Require daily therapy and/or skilled nursing
- Referred by a physician
Patients referred to the program often have the following needs:
- Rehabilitative therapy following orthopaedic surgery
- Intravenous therapy
- Wound care that requires daily evaluation and treatment by skilled personnel
- Restorative nursing care such as ostomy training and diabetes management
- Therapy for debilitation/weakness
For more information about the Sub-acute Rehabilitation Program at Polk Medical Center, contact us at 770.749.4210.
Physician referrals may be faxed to 706.292.7915.