Individuals who are recovering from a stroke, traumatic injury or surgery can receive intensive rehabilitation care through our inpatient rehabilitation programs at Atrium Health Floyd Medical Center and Atrium Health Polk Medical Center.
Our team also helps individuals with an exisiting disability improve function.
You'll find a caring team that works closely with patients and their families to achieve the best possible results using comprehensive medical care and rehabilitation therapy. We offer:
- A rehabilitation staff consisting of certified rehabilitation nurses and licensed, certified therapists
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Education that begins while patients are hospitalized and after they go home
- Family involvement in your care and discharge planning
Inpatient Conditions We Treat
Patients with the following conditions may benefit from inpatient rehabilitation:
- Congenital deformity
- Gait/balance (vestibular) issues
- Hip fracture
- Joint replacement or orthopedic surgery recovery
- Neck and back pain
- Neurological disorders, such as Parkinson's disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis and polyarthritis
- Spinal cord injury
- Sports-related injury (knee, hip, shoulder, ankle, spine)
- Trauma/medically complex
- Traumatic brain injury
With specialized expertise in a range of rehabilitation treatments, our team provides a multidisciplinary approach to care. As needed, we provide the following services for optimal care and enhanced recovery:
Physical Therapy Services
Physical therapy helps patients develop strength and maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability. Services offered include:
- Endurance training
- Functional mobility
- Gait training
- Moist heat
- Strength training
- Therapeutic soft tissue massage
Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational therapy helps patients regain the functional skills needed to perform their daily activities in home, community and work environments. Treatments include:
- Cognitive and perceptual retraining
- Design, fabrication and training to use adaptive equipment
- Advice on modifications for home, work, leisure and the community
- Techniques to compensate for loss of function
- Bioness Wireless Hand Rehabilitation System, which provides functional electrical stimulation that allows patients with neurological deficits to use their hands. This system stimulates opening and closing of the hand. This service is offered only at Floyd Medical Center.
Speech and Language Therapy
Our certified speech-language pathologists provide both evaluation and therapy services for any medical complication.
These services may include feeding or swallowing disorders or cognitive-communication issues resulting from a stroke, head injury or respiratory issue.
Speech and language specific treatments may also include electronic stimulation, which addresses voice and swallowing problems.
NICU Rehabilitation Services
Infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Atrium Health Floyd Medical Center have special developmental care needs and sometimes face challenges. Our therapists identify those issues and assist in the therapeutic treatment of babies in the NICU, helping create an environment that promotes growth and development.
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation teammates work closely with each infant to ensure optimal physical and cognitive development.
Based on the unique needs of each baby, our specialists also work with parents to teach methods of touching and positioning for maximum comfort.
To learn more about our Inpatient Rehabilitation programs, call 706-509-6600 or email us.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Locations