Admission Requirements at Floyd Medical Center
Our inpatient rehabilitation program is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital Organizations (JCAHO). It is also an approved Medicare program.
The primary goal of our program is to help patients achieve personalized goals and gain as much independence as possible. This includes helping you return to a home environment safely and as independently as possible. Because families are part of the rehabilitation team, family members may be asked to attend specific conferences and training sessions throughout your stay.
You must be progressing with therapy to remain in the program. You will be determined ready for discharge once your goals have been met or no additional improvement is anticipated.
Criteria for Admission
Our rehabilitation staff screens all candidates referred for admission to our inpatient rehabilitation unit. We will notify you and your physician of the admission decision.
Patients referred to the program must meet the following criteria:
- Need daily medical supervision by a physician with specialized training or experience in rehabilitation
- Need 24 hour rehabilitation nursing care
- Have medical needs that require monitoring or treatment in an inpatient hospital setting
- Have a need for and ability to participate in three hours a day of physical, occupational and/or speech therapies at least five days a week
- Are reasonably expected to show improvement in 12 -14 days.
- Need the availability of 24-hour supervision by caregivers, if recommended by the rehabilitation team
To Learn More
For more information, call I.800.685.8799 or 706.509.6600.