Prior to Surgery Day
A patient's Preoperative Evaluation Center appointment could be up to three weeks or more before the scheduled surgery day.
During this time, there are several things that patients can actively be doing to prepare for surgery.
- Review customized medication instructions, especially if a patient needs to stop taking a blood thinner or use insulin.
- Review the preoperative instructions provided during your preoperative assessment, including what to do about eating and drinking before surgery.
- Plan to stop smoking. Get tips on how to successfully quit smoking in our Health Library.
- Arrange a ride home if the surgery will be outpatient.
- Review the items to bring on the day of surgery.
- Know what time to arrive on the day of surgery.
For more information, call the Preoperative Evaluation Center at 706.509.6439 or