Meet the Care Team
Our team of health care professionals includes your
surgeon, nutritionists, nurses, psychologists, fitness experts and other clinical professionals who work together to help ensure your path to better health is successful. While you navigate the steps to surgery day, our
patient navigator will guide you and answer questions.
Amy Braden, RN, CBN
Manager of Specialty Nursing Services
"Being a patient advocate is what I like most about my job. I enjoy helping people combat a disease that is curable with surgery and, at the same, time allows for the resolution of many co-existing illnesses.”
Amy is a registered nurse and certified bariatric nurse. Amy brings expertise and guidance to the bariatric program. She provides support and direction for Floyd's bariatric team and patients. Amy coordinates activities for acute care and outpatient settings, and attends meetings to discuss bariatric concepts for surgical and non-surgical patients.
Certifications and Memberships
- Earned certification as a bariatric nurse
- Member of the National Association of Bariatric Nurses
- Member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Member of the Obesity Action Coalition
“It fills my heart to be a small part in a process that is changing lives. It truly gives me joy to help walk people through a process that is life changing, not only for themselves but for their families. I am truly blessed to be able to be a part of team.”
As a patient navigator, Maegan guides patients through the process of completing preoperative testing, providing support and education. She also ensures a seamless process throughout a patient’s continuum of care.
- Associate degree, Georgia Northwestern Technical College, Rome
Harbin Clinic Staff
Heather Laseter, PA
"I feel blessed to be a part of our patients' life-changing experiences. I love hearing the before and after stories of our patients as they find themselves eliminating disease processes, getting off medications and being able to live fuller and healthier lives. That's why I am so happy to be a part of the bariatrics team."
Heather Laseter, a Harbin Clinic physician assistant, assists the
bariatric surgeons with all surgical procedures, including bariatric, laparoscopic and general surgery. Heather provides patient education and performs lap-band adjustments to facilitate weight loss. She also performs patient physicals and evaluates the patient’s preoperative history.
- Master's, medical science, Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
- Bachelor of Science, Shorter University, Rome, Georgia
Certifications and Memberships
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Providing care for patients after adjustable gastric banding
- Advances in laparoscopy
- Adjunct professor at Mercer University
Cala Dittmer, RD, LD
“Nutrition can be a tricky thing. It’s not always easy to make the right decisions. I enjoy helping people understand that it is worth it.”
Cala Dittmer, a Harbin Clinic registered, licensed dietitian, provides nutrition education for patients throughout the bariatric process. She leads preoperative group classes, teaching nutrition guidelines and providing education on the various stages of meal plans after surgery. Cala meets one-on-one with patients to evaluate their readiness for surgery in terms of lifestyle changes with diet and exercise.
In addition, she provides lifelong support and postoperative follow-up. She wants patients considering bariatric surgery to know that taking the time before surgery to make permanent lifestyle changes leads to greater long-term success after surgery.
- Bachelor of Science in family and consumer sciences with an emphasis on dietetics, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, Alabama
- Adult and pediatric weight management
- Diabetes nutrition and education
- Cancer nutrition and education
- Women’s health issues
Bariatric Coordinator, Clinical Assistant II
“I enjoy assisting patients through this life-changing event and seeing how their lives change over the years when they return to us for follow up. Patients always return with their own before and after pictures, and have such wonderful stories to tell us about how their day-to-day lives have changed for the better."
With more than 15 years of medical experience, Renee is an invaluable resource in the bariatric clinic, participating in all aspects of the patient’s pre-and postoperative care, ranging from clinical to clerical responsibilities.
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate, Floyd College and Coosa Valley Technical College joint program, Rome, Georgia
Bariatric Clinical Assistant
“I enjoy working for such a great team and enjoy helping our patients through every step of their journey. It has been life changing for me to see how surgery can change our patient's lives."
As a certified medical assistant, Kelly assists in the pre-operative and post operative care of the patients and assists them through their bariatric journey.
- Certified Clinical Medial Assistant, NHA Allied Health, Kennesaw, Georgia