Patient Centered Medical Home
Floyd Primary Care is practicing under the patient centered medical home (PCMH) model of care. This new care model is designed to improve the coordination of health care received from medical professionals.
As your care team, we will involve you in decisions about your health and care. We welcome your participation as we strive to provide patients with the highest quality health care with an emphasis on the overall well-being of the patient.
As your primary health care provider, we will:
- Coordinate care with other health professionals to ensure you get the care you need. This includes communicating with specialists, such as cardiologists or orthopedists, hospitals, mental health providers, pharmacists and rehabilitation centers.
- Ensure that mental health care screenings and follow-up care, such as referrals to
Willowbrooke at Floyd, if needed, are provided.
- Use research studies and our own experiences to provide you with the best treatment plan. This is known as practicing evidence-based medicine (EBM).
- Partner with you to make health care decisions, providing information, support and answers for any medical questions you have.
- Make sure you know how to contact us with questions about your health, both during and after business hours. This includes using the patient portal to send secure messages to your care team.
- Provide information about public insurance programs and financial programs to meet health care needs.
- Help you transfer your medical records from other health care providers to our office.
- Provide access to test results and other health care information through the secure
- Let you know that when our office is closed, you should visit an Urgent Care office or the emergency room of the nearest hospital to receive care. Ask any providers that you see to send your records to your primary care doctor.
We trust our patients to:
- Bring all medications to each doctor's visit, including over-the-counter medicines
- Tell us about any doctor's visits made outside of our office
- Ask questions and for information about your medical condition
- Learn the coverage your insurance company provides