Mission and Aims
Atrium Health Floyd Family Medicine Residency is committed to developing family medicine physicians trained in evidence-based medicine, with adaptability, and with an emphasis on compassion for their patients. Our physicians are trained to care for vulnerable populations of all ages, supporting our institution's mission to “improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all."
- Train residents to utilize innovative technology with an adaptive curriculum and encourage critical thinking to solve problems through education and quality improvement.
- Prepare residents to improve and manage their own future practices at both the individual and organizational levels in a cost-conscious holistic manner, under a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model to aid in increasing accessibility, minimizing barriers to quality patient care, and reducing health-care disparities.
- Create a supportive learning environment with a focus on resident wellness that promotes resiliency by providing the tools to help manage the challenges of physician training.
- Work as one to provide health and wellness through community partnerships and volunteer opportunities.
- Foster a community of inclusivity and minimize bias by intentional recognition of diverse exemplars, amplifying marginalized and unheard voices, and acknowledging each individual.
- Pursue excellence by regularly re-examining, refining, and adapting to current and future needs of residents, teammates, and those we serve.