How to Apply
Our program welcomes allopathic and osteopathic medical students to apply who are seeking a non-competing residency program in a medical hub that provides exposure to multiple specialties including obstetric and pediatric inpatient services for the community.
Our program obtained ACGME Osteopathic Recognition Status in 2015. Osteopathic applicants interviewing at our program can request they be considered for one of the three Osteopathic Focus Track positions and will be provided with a broad osteopathic curriculum that will include OPP/OMT didactics, OMT continuity clinics and OMT hospital consult service.
We accept applications for our training program only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) until November 30.
Required Application Documents
- Completed ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation written within the past year by physicians in the U.S. who have directly supervised you clinically
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's Letter (interview scheduling will begin prior to the release date)
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript (Note that Step 1 and both components of Step 2 must be passed and reported to ERAS by the first of February to be ranked)
- ECFMG certificate, if applicable
Minimum Requirements for Consideration
- Successfully passed USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 to be considered for an interview.
- Successfully passed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (CS/CK) or COMLEX Level 1 and Level 2 (CE/PE) by rank deadline.
- Receive passing scores on the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK with no more than three combined attempts or the COMLEX Level 1 and COMLEX Level 2 CE with no more than three combined attempts.
- Receive passing score on USMLE Step 2 CS or COMLEX Level 2 PE on first attempt.
- Graduated from an accredited medical school within the past two years. Documented experience in meaningful clinical work, education and/or research in the interim is required.
- Must pass a drug test and background check.
- Must have at least one year of documented clinical training in the U.S.
- Must have a valid ECFMG certificate or expect certification no later than June 1.
- No visa sponsorships available.
The program interviews October - January, Monday through Friday. Interviews will not be scheduled Thanksgiving week or during the Christmas/New Year holidays.
For more information, contact our Residency Recruiter at 706.509.3965 or
use this form to email us.