10 Reasons to Choose Atrium Health Floyd
1. Unopposed residency programs. Our residency program is the only residency at Atrium Health Floyd. With no competition from other programs, our family medicine residents see a greater variety of patients, getting a much more comprehensive experience.
2. We offer competitive benefits. Atrium Health Floyd offers excellent, competitive pay for residents with a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance at no cost to you. In addition, we offer other perks, such as relocation assistance.
3. Atrium Health Floyd Medical Center is a regional referral center. The Atrium Health Floyd Medical Center Family Medicine Residency program is based at Atrium Health Floyd Medical Center, located in Rome, Ga. The hospital is a medical hub and regional referral center for all of northwest Georgia and northeast Alabama. We are the region's only Level II trauma center with a new helipad.
4. People are at the center of everything we do. Ask one of our medical residents what they like most about our program, and you'll likely hear, “the people." Our residents love our sense of family, our emphasis on teamwork and the camaraderie that comes with working together in a close-knit program.
5. Because people are at the center, we socialize – a lot. From weekly trivia to volleyball to holiday parties and unscheduled nights out downtown, our residents have the opportunity to participate in year-round activities, many of which are designed to be family friendly. We are the region's only Level 2 trauma center with new helipad.
6. Moonlighting is an option. ICU moonlighting is available to eligible residents.
7. Job opportunities are plentiful. Our diverse medical community opens numerous doors to practice opportunities, both in our region and beyond. Many of our residents choose to remain in the area to practice medicine, and often join our primary care network.
8. Our faculty is involved and cares about your success. Our diverse faculty, which includes both allopathic and osteopathic physicians, wants you to succeed. In addition, more than 250 physicians have privileges at Floyd and are extremely supportive of our program and our residents.
9. We offer hands on learning. We have opportunities for procedures, ultrasound and OMT. We also have opportunities for community involvement such as the free clinic and Diabetes group.
10. We use the medical home practice model. The Atrium Health Floyd Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Clinic is centered on giving every patient a medical home, allowing our residents to see the difference they are making in the lives of their patients, and creating a practice environment where patients have a relationship with “their" doctor.