10 Reasons to Choose Floyd
1. No competing residency programs. Our residency program is the only residency at Floyd. With no competition from other programs, our family medicine residents see a greater variety of patients, getting a much more comprehensive experience.
2. We offer competitive benefits. Floyd offers excellent, competitive pay for residents with a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance at no cost to you. In addition, we offer other perks, such as relocation assistance.
3. Floyd is a regional referral center. The Floyd Family Medicine program is based at Floyd Medical Center located in Rome, Ga. Floyd is a medical hub and regional referral center for all of Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama. Rome is an educational and cultural center with four colleges, a symphony orchestra, chorus and more.
4. People are at the center of everything we do. Ask a Floyd resident what they like most about our program, and you'll likely hear, “the people." Our residents love our sense of family, our emphasis on teamwork and the camaraderie that comes with working together in a close-knit program.
5. Because people are at the center, we socialize – a lot. From the annual pig roast and the co-ed softball team to holiday parties and unscheduled nights out in downtown Rome, our residents have the opportunity to participate in year-round activities, many of which are designed to be family friendly.
6. Moonlighting is an option. ICU
moonlighting is available during the third year to eligible residents.
7. Job opportunities are plentiful. Our diverse medical community opens numerous doors to practice opportunities, both in our region and beyond. Many of our residents choose to remain in the area to practice medicine, and often join our primary care network.
8. Our faculty is involved and cares about your success. Our diverse faculty, which includes both allopathic and osteopathic physicians, wants you to succeed. In addition, more than 250 physicians have privileges at Floyd and are extremely supportive of our program and our residents.
9. We offer hands on learning. We have opportunities for procedures, ultrasound and OMT. We also have opportunities for community involvement such as free clinic, Diabetes group and Eat, Play, Learn (an outreach to educate patients for healthier living).
10. We use the medical home practice model. Our program holds Level 3 —Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Our Family Medicine Residency Clinic is centered on giving every patient a medical home, allowing our residents to see the difference they are making in the lives of their patients, and creating a practice environment where patients have a relationship with “their" doctor.