Visitation Guidelines for End-of-Life Patients
We understand that visitors are an essential part of our patients' experience and are working diligently to provide the best possible experience while ensuring that equally essential COVID-Safe standards are in place. Your understanding and cooperation with our visitation policy is appreciated.
Visitors for patients who are at end-of-life must follow these guidelines:
- End-of-life patients may have more than two (2) visitors, regardless of the time, at the discretion of the physician and care team leaders.
- A different visitor may come the next day.
- Visitors are limited to immediate family.**
- Children under the age of 13 may not visit.
- Visitors must:
- Be screened before entering the facility.
- Be in good health (free from cough, fever, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms).
- Follow safety requirements. This includes wearing a medical-grade mask, staying six feet from others and handwashing.
- Wear a mask. Visitors will be provided a mask if they do not have one. Visitors who refuse or are unable to wear a mask will not be permitted to visit.
**Special circumstances will be managed by the treating physician and care team leaders.