Using Your Cloth Mask
The CDC recommends anyone over the age of two to wear a cloth mask in public areas where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Follow the guidelines below for proper fit and cleaning of your cloth mask.
Wash your mask in hot, soapy water as soon as you get home every day. Allow it to dry completely because cloth masks lose their effectiveness if they are damp.
Fitting Your Mask
- Do not touch the inside of your mask when putting it on.
- Your mask should cover your nose and chin and fit snugly against your face.
- The mask should not restrict your breathing
Taking Your Mask Off
- Fold your mask carefully so that the outer surface is held inward and against itself to reduce contact with outer surfaces.
- Be careful not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth when removing your cloth mask.
- Store your used mask in a paper bag until you get home and wash it
- Throw the storage bag away after using it to hold a used mask.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or sanitize them after touching or adjusting your hand-sewn mask.