Patients planning a hospital stay can prepare to help make the process easier and more efficient. Below is a list of items to bring to the hospital and items that are best to leave at home:
What to Bring
- Health insurance card
- Prescription insurance card
- Personal identification with photo
- HMO/PPO referral forms or letter of authorization (if required)
- Medical records, X-ray films or prior test results from other providers
- All medications you currently are taking, in their original containers
- A prepaid phone card for long distance calls if you do not have a cellphone
- Essential personal items, such as glasses, dentures, hearing aids or walker, etc.
- Personal hygiene items such as comb/brush, deodorant, toothbrush, etc.
- Clothing to wear while in the hospital and at discharge
- Reading and writing materials
- Cash or coins for newspapers, gift shop and other items. It is strongly suggested that you not bring large amounts of cash to the hospital.
What Not to Bring
- Credit cards
- Large amounts of cash
Floyd cannot take responsibility for the loss of these items.