Atrium Health Floyd Medical Center Heyman Hospice Care provides compassionate,
comfort-oriented care to patients with a life expectancy of less than six months. We serve patients who live in Floyd, Chattooga, Polk, Bartow and Gordon counties.
Our professional staff and
volunteers support patients and families with
medical care, respite care and social services to reduce stress and improve quality of life.
We provide care in the home, not a hospital facility, allowing families to be together when they need it most, sharing the final days in peace, comfort and dignity. We also offer
grief support to help families who have experienced a loss.
Hospice care for all ages, including children
- Inpatient and respite services at three hospitals
- Delivery of medication, medical supplies and medical equipment to patient homes
- Care in nursing homes and assisted-living facilities
- Home care and support provided by a team of specially trained registered nurses, caregivers, physicians, social workers and volunteers
- Pain control
- Symptom management
- On-call nurses and social workers available 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Home health aides to assist with bathing and other personal care needs
- Home visits by social workers to provide counseling and assistance
- Spiritual support that is respectful of personal faith and beliefs
- Physicians who make home visits
Grief support for family members and loved ones
- Support for the entire family
- Pet therapy
Family members, friends, clergy or other health professionals may refer patients to hospice. Referrals are accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week by call