Dedicated to providing high-quality diabetes care, Floyd Medical Center has achieved The Joint Commission’s Advanced Certification for its Inpatient Diabetes program. In addition, the Diabetes Education department has achieved and maintains certification in the American Diabetes Education program.
Our staff provide ongoing classes to help manage Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes. View class schedule.
To achieve long-term success in improving diabetes outcomes we focus on the following critical elements:
- Blood glucose monitoring protocols
- Plans for the treatment of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
- Data collection of incidences of hypoglycemia
- Patient education on diabetes self-management
- Professional program team
- Staff education
For more information, contact Diabetes Education at 706.509.5184.