Floyd Cherokee Medical Center is an official weigh-in site for this year’s Scale Back Alabama initiative to combat obesity in the state. Applicants who lose at least 10 pounds from January to April will be eligible to win prizes through a series of drawings held at the end of the competition.
To sign up and to learn more details, visit www.scalebackalabama.com
. The weigh-in period is from Jan. 21 – 27. The weigh-out period is April 1 – 7. The website offers a variety of exercise and dieting tips to help participants get started and reach their goals.
Scale Back Alabama participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Live or work in Alabama
- Be on a team of two individuals (no more, no less!)
- Register online or visit an official weigh-in site
- Weigh in and weigh out at an official site
- Provide information for both team members before you can submit the registration. There is no cost to participate in the competition or to register.
- Print the registration confirmation and take it with you to the weigh-in site during weigh-in week (January 21-27) for the coordinator to fill in your beginning weight.
Team and individual prizes will be awarded through a random drawing. The first 3 teams drawn win $1,000 per team member, or a total of $2,000 for the entire team. The second 3 teams drawn win $500 per team member, or a total of $1,000 for the entire team. The final 3 teams drawn win $250 per team member, or a total of $500 for the entire team.
All individuals who lose at least 10 pounds, as recorded by a coordinator at an official Scale Back Alabama weigh-in site, are eligible for an individual prize, regardless of their team’s achievement. Individuals drawn for a team prize are not eligible to win the individual prizes. From the pool of eligible participants, 40 individuals drawn will win one of 40 achievement prizes of $100 per person.
To schedule your official weigh-in and weigh-out, contact Christa McDaniel at Floyd Cherokee Medical Center, 256.927.1436.