October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and Floyd will again be visible in the community to promote breast health and encourage women to fight breast cancer by taking preventative measures.
Pink is the nationally recognized color of breast cancer awareness, and Floyd’s colorful, iconic Paper Dolls will be popping up around town. Free magnets displaying images of the dolls will be available on Pink Day, Friday, Oct. 5, from 6 - 9 a.m. Pink Day will also include a free photo booth for selfies with your friends, props included. The Breast Center at Floyd staff and our breast health advocates will be present to provide information and to answer any questions.
The event will be held next to the Chick-fil-A drive-through off Riverside Parkway in Rome. The event has traditionally been held at the Chick-fil-A Dwarf House on Shorter Avenue but has been moved this year because of construction there.
“As we move into October and celebrate the 10th anniversary of The Breast Center at Floyd, I am so proud of the accomplishments of this program, the staff and the physicians who have worked together to bring this type of care to our community,” said Aimee Griffin, Director of The Breast Center at Floyd.
“Ten years ago our program introduced a new way for women to experience breast cancer screening and breast cancer diagnosis,” Griffin added. “During this time, our program has continued to grow and develop, and we’ve proudly introduced new options for high-risk screening and management – including breast MRI, genetic evaluation and testing, 3-D mammography, and customized programs for breast cancer survivors.
“We remain committed to the women, and men, in our region – and will continue to bring the absolute best in breast care to Rome and the surrounding areas,” Griffin said.
The free magnets and our breast health advocates will be available at other awareness events during the month of October, including:
- Friday, Oct. 5 – East Paulding at Rome football game, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 5 – Central Carrollton at Cedartown football game, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 6 – Fall Festival, Main Street, Centre, Alabama, 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. (CDT)
- Saturday., Oct. 6 – Sum Nelly Arts & Crafts Festival, Dowdy Park, Summerville, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 6 – Cedartown Fall Festival, Main Street, 8.a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 20 – Rockmart Riverwalk Festival, Seaborn Jones Park, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 26 – Pepperell at Armuchee football game, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 26 – Coosa at Model football game, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 26 – Gordon Central at Rockmart football game, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.