DAISY Award Nomination
The DAISY Award honors nurses who have provided an outstanding level of care.
Floyd is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner. Floyd will recognize one nurse who provides bedside care with this special award every month. A committee made up of Floyd employees selects the recipients from nominations submitted by patients, patient families, co-workers and physicians.
How to Nominate a Nurse
To recognize a nurse, use this DAISY Award Nomination Form.
Nominate a nurse who:
- Goes above and beyond to care for all of the needs of the patient and family
- Has a positive attitude and acts in a professional manner
- Is thoughtful, compassionate and caring in all situations
- Is passionate about patient care
- Takes time to educate and include the patient and family during the care process
What is the DAISY Award?
The DAISY Award (http://www.daisyfoundation.org) is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by bedside nurses every day.
DAISY stands for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. It was created in memory of J. Patrick Barnes by his family as a way to say thank you to nurses who provide excellent bedside care and compassion to patients.