Visitation Guidelines for Surgery
We understand that visitors are an essential part of our patients' experience and are working diligently to provide the best possible experience while ensuring that equally essential COVID-Safe standards are in place. Your understanding and cooperation with our visitation policy is appreciated.
Visitors with patients receiving care in at the Floyd Surgery Center must follow these guidelines:
- Adult surgery care patients are permitted (1) visitor while they are undergoing surgery, regardless of the time.
- Pediatric (age 17 and younger) patients are permitted (2) visitors while they are undergoing surgery, regardless of the time.
- Switching visitors during the same day will not be permitted.
- A different visitor may come the next day.
- Visitors are limited to immediate family.**
- Children under the age of 13 may not visit.
- Visitors must:
- Be screened before entering the facility.
- Be in good health (free from cough, fever, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms).
- Follow safety requirements. This includes wearing a medical-grade mask, staying six feet from others and handwashing.
- Wear a mask. Visitors will be provided a mask if they do not have one. Visitors who refuse or are unable to wear a mask will not be permitted to visit.
**Special circumstances will be managed by the treating physician and care team leaders.