To receive medical staff credentialing credit:
- Review the antimicrobial stewardship information below.
- Fill out and submit the verification form at the bottom of this page.
Antimicrobial stewardship seeks to optimize the use of antimicrobial agents with patients to achieve the best clinical outcome. Efforts are focused on the following criteria:
- Optimal selection
- Dose and duration of antimicrobials
Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee
A multidisciplinary antimicrobial stewardship team meets quarterly to review trends in antimicrobial use, resistance patterns, interventions, and reports its findings and recommendations to the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Dr. John Hostetler, External Physician, Infectious Disease Specialist
Dr. Daniel Valancius, Director of Hospitalists
- Dr. Kelly Culbertson, Faculty Physician
- Bobby Purcell, Director
- Jody Smith, Assistant Director
- Matt Middleton, Clinical Pharmacist
- Gary Latta, Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator
- Linda Huddleston, Director of Epidemiology
- Robin Cater, Registered Nurse
- Antibiotic Stewardship Honor Roll recognition from the Georgia Department of Public Health
- Installation of Theradoc surveillance and data-mining system
- Inpatient De-Escalation Alert (IDEA) for broad-spectrum antibiotics
- Use of Physician Message Center for communicating inpatient antibiotic alerts
- Evaluate and implement rapid ID for bloodstream infections and respiratory viral screening with PCR-based testing in lab
Antibiotic Susceptibility Reports
Treatment Guidelines and Recommendations
Complete the verification form below to attest that you have reviewed the antimicrobial stewardship information. The Medical Staff Credentialing office will be notified when you submit this form.