Patients at Floyd Medical Center who are recovering from stroke, traumatic injury or surgery can receive intensive rehabilitation care through our inpatient rehabilitation program.
Inpatient rehabilitation is located on the sixth floor of Floyd Medical Center, where our experienced staff combines comprehensive medical care and rehabilitation therapy. You’ll find a caring team that works closely with the patient and family to achieve the best possible results. We offer:
- A rehabilitation staff consisting of certified rehabilitation nurses and therapy provided by licensed therapists
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language pathology
- Education that begins while patients are hospitalized and after they go home
- A unique treatment space that gives patients the opportunity to practice everyday skills in a safe, real-world atmosphere that includes bedroom, kitchen and laundry settings as well as a chapel.
Inpatient Conditions We Treat
Patients with the following conditions may require and benefit from inpatient rehabilitation:
With specialized expertise in a range of rehabilitative treatments, our team is a key part of the multidisciplinary approach to care at Floyd. As needed, we provide the following services for optimal care and enhanced recovery.
Physical Therapy Services
- Endurance training
- Functional mobility
- Gait training
- Moist heat
- Strength training
- Therapeutic soft tissue massage
Occupational Therapy Services
This specialized therapy is designed to help patients regain functional skills needed to perform daily activities in home, community and work environments, including:
- Cognitive and perceptual retraining
- Design, fabrication and training to use adaptive equipment
- Advice on modifications for home, work, leisure and the community
- Techniques to compensate for loss of function
- Bioness Wireless Hand Rehabilitation System, which provides functional electrical stimulation that allows patients with neurological deficits to use their hands. This system stimulates opening and closing of the hand.
NICU Rehabilitation Services
Infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) have special developmental care needs and sometimes face challenges. Our therapists identify those issues and assist in the therapeutic treatment of babies in the NICU, helping create an environment that promotes growth and development. Our physical therapy and rehabilitation staff members work closely with each infant to ensure optimal physical and cognitive development. Based on the unique needs of each baby, our specialists also work with parents to teach methods of touching and positioning for maximum comfort .
Speech and Language Pathology
Our certified speech pathologists provide both evaluation and therapeutic services for any medical complication. These services may include feeding or swallowing disorders or cognitive-communication issues resulting from strokes, head injury or respiratory issues. Speech and language specific treatments may also include electronic stimulation, which addresses voice and swallowing problems.
Location of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Floyd Medical Center
304 Turner McCall Blvd.
Rome, GA 30165
To learn more about our Inpatient Rehabilitation program, call 706.509.6600 or email us.