Heyman HospiceCare at Floyd provides compassionate, comfort-oriented care to patients with a life expectancy of less than six months. We serve patients who live in Floyd, Chattooga, Polk, Bartow and Gordon counties.
Our professional staff and volunteers support patients and families with medical care, respite care and social services to reduce stress and improve quality of life.
Referrals are accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 706.509.3200 or 800.324.1078.
Our Care Team
Our Circle of Care philosophy incorporates a patient’s primary care physician into a team that includes medical directors and doctors, nurses, certified nurse's aides (CNAs), social workers, a chaplain and volunteers. This team provides education, understanding and support to the patient and their family.
It is important to our care model that physicians spend time with our patients. According to a survey by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), our physicians spend three times more time caring for patients than other hospices in the area.
Our nurses our certified in hospice and palliative care, enabling them to follow best practices and provide the highest quality care.
Our pharmacy provider also specializes in hospice and palliative care.
Quality of Care
Heyman HospiceCare at Floyd has ranked higher than national benchmarks in patient satisfaction and quality of care. Our program has received quality scores of 100 percent for the following measures, as evaluated by Deyta Analytics:
- Pain assessment, including pain medications and related body functioning
- Dyspnea (difficult or uncomfortable breathing) screening and treatment
- Spiritual or life concerns
- Treatment preferences
We have a history of caring for families in northwest Georgia. Established in 1990, Heyman HospiceCare at Floyd was the first provider of end-of-life care in our community. Today, Heyman HospiceCare remains the only hospital-based, non-profit provider of hospice services in the area.
Our programs are continually growing to incorporate such added functions as special care and recognition for veterans, planning and assistance with pet care, grief support, bereavement counseling and semiannual memorial services.
Heyman HospiceCare is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Hospice care for all ages, including children
- Inpatient and respite services at three hospitals
- Delivery of medication, medical supplies and medical equipment to patient homes
- Care in nursing homes and assisted-living facilities
- Home care and support provided by a team of specially trained registered nurses, caregivers, physicians, social workers and volunteers
- Pain control
- Symptom management
- On-call nurses and social workers available 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Home health aides to assist with bathing and other personal care needs
- Home visits by social workers to provide counseling and assistance
- Spiritual support that is respectful of personal faith and beliefs
- Physicians who make home visits
- Grief support for family members and loved ones
- Support for the entire family
- Pet therapy
For more information about Heyman HospiceCare at Floyd, including questions about referrals and services provided, call 706.509.3200 or 800.324.1078.