Family and visitors are welcome to visit the Family Birth Center.
Labor and Delivery Visitation
- Before birth, only one adult visitor may stay with the mother due to limited space and to provide privacy.
- No more than three people at a time are allowed to visit.
- Only one adult visitor may stay overnight, unless the mother is actively laboring.
- With the exception of siblings, visitors to Labor and Delivery should be over the age of 12.
After the baby arrives, the first hour, known as The Magic Hour, is reserved for the baby and parents to get to know each other. Other visitors should observe our daily visitation hours to make sure mother and baby get plenty of rest.
Daily Visitation Hours
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 8:30 p.m.
- Between 2 to 4 p.m. all visitors will be asked to observe Quiet Time.
If at any time a new mother prefers not to have visitors, we will honor the request by placing a “no visitor” sign on her door.
If you are interested in purchasing gifts, flowers, balloons or clothing for the mother and new baby, the Floyd Gift Shop, operated by the Floyd Medical Center Auxiliary, is located on the second floor of the hospital near the Main Entrance.
Gift Shop hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 4 p.m.
To contact the Floyd Gift Shop, call 706.509.5190.