The Breast Center Advocate Program provides community-based education, support and advocacy for breast health in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama. Our volunteers are trained to speak knowledgeably about The Breast Center resources and breast health, and to serve as educators for the community.
- Speak with local civic groups, garden clubs, church groups and other organizations on the importance of breast health and the resources available at the Breast Center
- Reach out to women on a one-on-one basis providing breast health education and support, while also emphasizing the need for monthly self-breast exams, annual mammograms and other screenings, if appropriate
- Represent The Breast Center at local events, such as health fairs or festivals, by providing demonstrations of self-breast exams and answering questions about mammograms, clinical breast exams and genetic testing.
- Chosen because they have been affected by breast cancer, whether personally or through a family member or friend
- Receive initial orientation training, along with quarterly continuing education
- Committed to helping improve the health of women in the Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama area
To talk with an adovcate one-on-one or to have an advocate speak at your group meeting, contact The Breast Center at Floyd at 706.509.6840 or use this online request form.