From a fragile, one-pound preemie to a full-term newborn, about 300 babies each year require advanced medical treatment in Floyd Medical Center’s Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
They're the Reason He's Here
High-risk babies do best when they can develop in a warm, calm and comforting place, much like a mother’s womb. Providing an environment where these newborns can heal while bonding with their families helps them grow, gain weight, improve and thrive.
Floyd Healthcare Foundation's $2 million capital campaign will fund the renovations of our NICU to create a very special environment for our tiniest patients providing:
- Optimal development for premature infants
- Family-centered care and improved privacy
- Leading-edge equipment designed for the smallest patients, including Giraffe OmniBeds, neonatal ventilators, medical-grade rocking chairs and a NicView camera viewing system
Renovations will enhance the already wonderful care these youngest patients and their families receive, which includes:
- Kangaroo care (skin-to-skin contact) for mommies and babies
- Breastfeeding support
- Breast milk donation program
As a mission-based, not-for-profit community hospital, this care is available to everyone in our service area. Through a volunteer board of directors, our dedicated partner, Floyd Healthcare Foundation, works to build relationships and raise funds in support of our NICU and other programs so important to our communities.