Visitors are welcome at Floyd Medical Center. Following are some guidelines to remember when visiting a patient:
- Guests may be asked to leave the room when a member of the care team is discussing the patient’s medical condition. Patients must give consent for a member of their care team to discuss their medical condition with anyone other than the patient.
- A gift shop, dining options and ATM are available to all of our visitors
- Visitors have access to free WIFI.
- New dads are encouraged to stay overnight with new moms.
- Special considerations of patients in the Intensive Care Unit, Coronary Care Unit and Family Birth Center may limit visiting hours in those areas
- Pediatric patients must have an adult spend the night with them while in the hospital.
- Adult patients may have someone stay with them in the hospital room. Ask your nurse for assistance with sleeping in a patient’s room.
Visitors 12 and Under
- Children are welcome to visit patients, but may not stay overnight.
- Children 12 and under should be accompanied by an adult.
- Consider preparing children in advance of what they might expect to see during their visit. Ask your nurse if you need assistance in explanations of various equipment and procedures to a child.