"Our unopposed residency program has the support of a forward-thinking administration that allows us to develop quality physicians in the setting of an active medical community."
Dr. Desmond serves as the academic chair of the Floyd Family Medicine Residency program. He is responsible for teaching family medicine at the hospital and at the Family Medicine Residency Clinic.
- Bachelor of Science in biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- Master’s Degree in science education, University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Ga.
- Residency, Halifax Hospital Family Medicine Residency, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Office procedures – skin biopsy, cryotherapy
- Education in medicine
- Health care reform
- Minor home remodeling
- Church involvement